Friday, April 1, 2011

More than Education

          As I began background readings on Atlanta and its education system, I realized there is a wealth of information on the city and is governance as a whole. My preliminary readings already exposed me to other urban issues that I would like to address. Therefore, before I go into details of education in Atlanta, I would like to focus a few blog entries on subjects like history and growth, housing, race relations, and immigration. Much of this will be based on two books that I think will especially useful. These are:

Stone, Clarence N. 1989. Regime Politics: Governing Atlanta, 1946-1988. University Press of Kansas.

Ambrose, Andy. 2003. Atlanta: An Illustrated History. Athens: Hill Street Press.



So without further ado, I would like to go into a little bit of the history of Atlanta and its growth.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment